The Sarasota Film Festival is a non-profit 501©(3) organization. Every year, hundreds of Volunteers help SFF achieve their mission, which is to celebrate the art of filmmaking and the contribution of filmmakers by hosting an international Film Festival and developing year-long programs for the economic, educational and cultural benefit of our community.
SFF uses Volunteers year-round for a variety of projects, and our Volunteer work force is vital to the success of our annual 10-day Festival – this year running April 1-10, 2016. Volunteers are needed to assist in over 15 departments of the Sarasota Film Festival – from theater operations to transportation to events. Our Volunteers are valued members of the team.
If you’re ready to get involved, meet new people, discover the latest in international film and for a one-of-a-kind volunteer experience, then please read on and apply to join us this April!
How to Volunteer for the Sarasota Film Festival
1. Learn More: Read over the Volunteer Departments and decide which areas would fit the best for you. Also, read over the Guidelines and Expectations to make sure you can reach our level of commitment before applying.
2. Apply to Volunteer: Click on the Shiftboard logo which will lead you to our online application. Once you have filled out the application, we will review and approve your registration. We will be in contact with you in mid-January.
3. Discuss Your Application: When we review your application, we'll email or call you to set up an informational interview to discuss possibilities. This will be a chance for you to meet us and to get a great overview of the SFF Volunteer program. We will also help select the right department for you.
4. Claim Your Shifts: Volunteer shifts are posted in the beginning of March. You will receive a notice though email and our Volunteer newsletter that you can begin claiming shifts on your account on Shiftboard.
5. Check-In: All volunteers come to check-in either at our SFF Volunteer Kick-off or just before volunteering to get their Festival credentials, t-shirt and timesheet. Volunteers are also required to attend training, which typically takes place the week before the Festival.
6. Festival time! Volunteers will receive an email reminder the day before their shift. You will then work assigned shifts in-between attending events and seeing films. Enjoy and have fun!
Are you interested in supporting SFF in another way? Want to help independent storytellers tell their story? Are you a major film buff?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above then we welcome you to become an SFF Member. Please click here to join us in supporting the growth of Sarasota’s cultural landscape through the best in independent film and our award winning education programs.
Whether you are a Volunteer, Member, or Patron, THANK YOU for supporting SFF!