Volunteers - Be Part of The Team!
Volunteer at the 20th Annual Sarasota Film Festival: April 13-22
SFF is a non-profit organization and relies on the generosity and dedication of hundreds of Volunteers in achieving our mission: to celebrate the art of filmmaking and the contribution of filmmakers by hosting an international film festival and developing year-long programs for the economic, educational, and cultural benefit of our community.
Each year, our Volunteer work-force is vital to the success of our 10-day Festival. Volunteers are needed to assist in over 15 departments of the Sarasota Film Festival – from theater operations to transportation to events. Our Volunteers are people who love film, love community engagement, love Sarasota and are valued members of the team. If you’re ready to get involved, meet new people, and discover the latest in international film, then please read on and apply by March 17th. We welcome returning and brand-new Volunteers alike. Don't miss this one-of-a-kind experience!
How to Volunteer for the Sarasota Film Festival:
1. Learn More: Read over the Volunteer Departments and decide which areas fit best with your schedule and interests. Also, read over the Guidelines and Expectations to make sure you can reach our level of commitment before applying.
2. Apply to Volunteer: Click here to fill out our online application. Once you have filled out the application, we will review and approve your registration.
3. Discuss Your Application: When we review your application, we'll email or call you to set up an informational interview to discuss possibilities. This will be a chance for you to meet us and to get a great overview of the SFF Volunteer program. We will also help select the right department for you.
4. Claim Your Shifts: Volunteer shifts are posted in March. You will receive a notice though email and our Volunteer newsletter that you can begin claiming shifts on your account on Shiftboard.
5. Check-In: All volunteers come to check-in either at our SFF Volunteer Kick-off or just before volunteering to get their Festival credentials, t-shirt and timesheet. Volunteers are also required to attend training, which typically takes place the week before the Festival.
6. Festival time! Volunteers will receive an email reminder the day before their shift. You will then work assigned shifts in-between attending events and seeing films. Enjoy and have fun!
Are you interested in supporting SFF in another way? Want to help independent storytellers tell their story? Are you a major film buff?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, then we welcome you to become an SFF Member. Please join us in supporting the growth of Sarasota’s cultural landscape through the best in independent film and our award winning education programs.
Whether you are a Volunteer, Member, or Patron, THANK YOU for supporting SFF!